Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 1

Finger food

I've been giving minibeanie finger foods. Besides its too obvious nutritional value, there are 2 other more sublime intentions. It is good practice for perfecting his fine pincer grip as he chases a soft piece of pumpkin around his bowl (bringing together one's index finger and thumb together neatly is a milestone for babies! :D). Leading from that, there's the hope that in the hopefully not so distant future, he would be able to feed himself. Yikes, which brings me to another 'babyism' -
Mantra for new mothers: Crumbs are your new best friends. Repeat again.
There's a third reason for finger food. Entertainment. It is something for minibeanie to do while in a restaurant. Alas, its entertainment value is short-lived as we often find out. Last week, minibeanie turned our Anniversary dinner in a nice restaurant into fast food. Two courses is as much as we can manage and even that is stretching it.

Speaking of the Anniversary dinner, _I_ forgot our Anniversary last week! I couldn't believe it! I'd been so busy with the humdrum of daily life and planning minibeanie's 1st year bash that it slipped my mind. Thank God there's backup in the form of DH, my better half :)

minibeanie is 11 months & 5 days old

No comments: