Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 1

Telling a Fib

It's inevitable, I know. But I'd no idea I'd be facing this issue so early on. Child development experts say, "Lying Behavior Begins Early - Children May Lie as Early as Age Three". Ok, but minibeanie isn't even 1 and a half!

This evening after dinner, he was bending over at his waist in obvious discomfort so I asked if there was kakka*. No, he replied by way of shaking his head. And lo, a few minutes later when there was an unmistakeable pong, he had massive kakka. Maybe he didn't understand, u may think? In fact, he'd answer in the affirmative 'Ugh' when there wasn't kakka. This had happened more than once with great predictability now, which suggested he had done so wilfully. Washing his bum probably counted as his least favourite activity as I always had the impression I was running after a chicken gone amok when it was time for the sink.

So, any suggestions on how to deal with this phase?

Where's your belly button?

A Happy New Year to everyone!


minibeanie is 1 year, 5 months & 6 days old

* Finnish for poop

3 comments:

Joy Tan said...

don't take it too seriously. :) it's just denial - not lying.

Pink Lavender 10 said...

Sometimes they don't really understand what you're asking, then they just give you their standard reply 'No'.

I'll call this phase 'Frustrations in communication'. Happens all the time.

Ashley said...

yeah, I think it's more of denial... maybe... ;) He does understand what I say esp with regards to 'kakka' but just doesn't want his mum washed unceremoniously.