Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 6

Early personality traits?

A question that has been preying on mind a lot these days is, can you tell the personality of your baby even when he's in the womb?

First, an anecdote from a friend. She recalled her son, then a fetus, awake and active at 1am whenever she was trying to fall asleep. Forward a few months later when he was out of his watery habitat, true to form, he was keeping her up at 1am :D My friend described her son as a "screamer" and now the toddler had been described as temperamental.

By contrast, I felt nothing like violent punches or kicks from minibeanie and certainly none of those almost 'Alien' -like movements that visibly move from the east to west end of the belly. The nurses at the hospital actually noted that he was a "calm" baby on the hospital records. His cries usually never rattled our nerves (ok, only once or twice ;) and it always sounded more like a complaint than a full out bawling-his-lungs-out cry. We had been lucky.

Hmm. microbeanie. This little guy has been doing such somersaults, stretches, kicks and other stunts that I'm thinking either I've got a Michael Flately Jr. in me or a would-be Cirque du Soleil performer. Sometimes, he moved so forcefully that I gasped from the force and literally saw my tummy jump. And yes, he IS beginning to keep me up at night because he refuses to go to sleep when I am trying to ;)

I'm laying bets now that microbeanie will be quite different from his calm and cautious big brother. What do you mummies think?

minibeanie is 1 year, 10 months, 1 week & 4 days old
microbeanie is 25 weeks 3 days in utero

1 comment:

sky said...

i felt christian's kicks at 15 weeks and he has been kicking since then. he's almost 3 month old now ;) he's a happy baby though (perhaps with a dose of adhd :P)