Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 8

Hermit I am

I only have to look back 2 years ago to realize that holidays then and now are worlds apart. Literally. No more "off the beaten track" or "adventure" but hello to "kids friendly". Instead of The Rocky Resort, a boutqiue resort with a private beach far from the madding crowds at Koh Samui.where we spent our honeymoon, I'm looking at Sheraton Phuket where words like "visiting baby elephants" and "supervised kids' activities" get me rather excited. And when I see the description of a 'Happy Baby Studio' that includes a high chair, stroller, cot AND a microwave, it makes me want to do a crazy dance around the room because there's the remote possibility of a holiday. What have I morphed into??! A parent with 2 VYC.

Having VYC makes traveling a logistical challenge to say the least. We will be bringing cargo-loads of diapers, jars of baby food and ration of formula, Crayola markers and papers, story books and favourite toy cars. Sometimes this logistics challenge makes any excursion more emotionally costly than the enjoyment it bestows. And for that reason, I loathe to drag the VYC out.

But like a friend puts it, everyone needs a holiday. She just left for a 3 week Thai beach and KL holiday with 2 preschoolers. Maybe when these VYC become not so very VY, I can dare imagine getting out of the house again.


microbeanie is 5 months & 2 days old
minibeanie is a 2.5 year old toddler

No comments: