Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 9

Family visit

"minibeanie, say hi to puopuo (grandma in Cantonese)"

4 days ago, my family from Singapore got to see & hold minibeanie at last. It was great to have them see him before he becomes a strapping toddler (I swear minibeanie's growing right before my very eyes... it must be the glow-in-the-dark green mushrooms I ate)

In addition to the mandatory coo-ing and ah-ing, from the adults of course, my family got to see some of the Finnish sights such as the island fortress Suomenlinna where my pram underwent a severe stress test over the cobbled stone streets, arty farty museums (not for my mum though ;), fed a herd of enthusiastic geese at Seurasaari and wiped out the Iittala, & Aarikka stores.... some retail therapy is always a welcome treat for any Singaporean visitor ;)

Then of course there's the Christening ceremony for minibeanie on the coming Monday. Yes, this means that we've chosen a name for the lil' un' at last! This was no mean feat. A council of 12 elders had to meet thrice and an auspicious time had to be selected that involved the full moon before the name was finally agreed on.

My family's visit also means that my larder gets stocked full of lup cheong (chinese sausage), dried shrimps, korean instant noodles that my mum swears by, mooncakes & the piece de resistance, ... frozen durian! My mother-in-law is so going to swoon with the pong of dried shrimps and durian :D

minibeanie is 1 month & 2 weeks old

No comments: