Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 19

Big Party planning

In exactly a week's time, minibeanie will be a year old! What a milestone! :) I still can't believe he will be leaving babyhood so soon. Already, he is displaying traits of toddlerhood by exercising his independence and will (usually at nap & mealtimes ;) Hmph, and a couple of months ago, I was wishing he would grow up - what, and leave the pliant & easy-going baby behind?

But we must move on ;) Preparations for the Big Party have been well underway. Not to shock folks who don't know me, I've made my excel sheets on guest list, menu => grocery shopping list, party supply order etc... :D About the latter, faced with the limited choice in Chengdu, I'd turned to Partypro.com. It was great! I'd to curb the shopping fanatic in me and not get party plates, hats, napkins, decorations for his 2nd, 3rd birthdays, our 5th, 10th anniversaries, Christmas.... you get the idea. It wasn't so much the cost of the items that prohibited this hitherto hidden streak in me (I pride myself on being a prudent spender), it was the darn shipping cost! To sum it up, the total damage was USD199, with USD59 being the shipping :P Happily, I'd gotten a friend/neighbour to share in the booty, a friend who lives to shop and has 2 little boys' birthdays to plan ;)

I just wish I've my dear friends from Singapore and Finland to share in the day.


minibeanie is 11 months, 3 weeks & 2 days old

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley,

sounds like it's going to be a very enjoyable party! But too bad too far away to be there (to gatecrash :P).

I'll sing a "Happy Birthday" song for minibeanie and me since we have the same birthday :):

Happy Birthday to Alex!
Happy Birthday to Me!
Happy Birthday to both of us!
Happy Birthday to Us!

:D

Remember to post more photos after the party!

Ashley said...

Thanks Whui Mei! :D

Happy birthday to u too (in advance)!