Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 17

Book Club

It has been a nap time tradition that I read to minibeanie. We used to sit in a big comfy armchair but since he moved to his own bedroom (and the chair is in mine) and my burgeoning tummy makes it impossible for another bean to sit against it, we have moved to the floor and occasionally, when he gets droopy, on his bed.

For a very long time, his favourite book had been Ten Little Ladybugs. Perhaps it was the tactile feel of the ladybugs but he just loved that book. He just loved to see the ladybugs 'disappear' one by one by flipping through the pages.

These days he usually prefers stories or books on his favourite subject - Cars! Tractors, Rockets! :) But there's a surprising favourite - Eric Carle's From Head to Toes. He loves following all the actions in the book, such as "I am an elephant and I can stomp my foot. Can you do it? ... I can do it!" It is usually the first book he picks out from his little bedside library ;P



minibeanie is 1 year, 11 months & 3 weeks old
microbeanie is 31 weeks 2 days in utero

No comments: