Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 29

My 2.5 yo knows more about cars than me!

mini-b is a petrol-head just like his dad ;) He probably knows all the makes and our favourite activity on the ride back from school is to identify cars on the road. And the condo carpark is a close contender with the playground as his favourite place to be outside. Let's see, he knows the usual sports car marques such as Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lotus and of course the more familiar Volkswagon ("Vokk wagen"), Merz, Beemer, Nissan, Toyota, Buick (a very popular MPV make in Chengdu), Honda ("HON da", in a low voice in the likes of a stiff Japanese man. Hmm, I wonder where he got that from), Seat, Citroen, Suzuki, Audi, Volvo, Skoda....

A couple of days ago, it became apparent that my 2 and a half year son knew more about cars than me. When he asked, "this one", and pointed to a car on the road, I replied, "Seat". Whereupon he replied in a most confident tone, "no mummy, Seat. Suzuki-ni". I was surprised and a little insulted but made a mental note to check up on their logos. Damn! I was wrong! :D

ps. just in case someone is as clueless as me, the silver logo on the right is Suzuki & the red one is Seat ;)

microbeanie is 4 months, 3 weeks & 2 days old
minibeanie is a 2.5 year old toddler

No comments: