Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 28

If there's time for only 1 pregnancy book, it has to be "What to Expect when you are Expecting" (Murkoff et.al.) It's mandatory reading even for dads. Ok, DH hasn't had his nose glued to the book for the past 7 months but now that the birth can happen anytime in the next 20 odd days or so, he's been catching up on the Labour and Delivery chapter.

And he's been offering "tips" and sometimes "naggings" on what I should/have to do (most times hilarious)

On perineal massage
DH: Are you massaging it? ...massage it.
me: wanna help me?
DH: eeeww. (and that was the end of it)

On how to distract oneself during labour (presumably between contractions)
DH: do puzzles & play games.
me: give me a dart board and an air rifle. Puzzles??!!

And my favourite "tip" from DH on what I can do while in early labour before heading to the hospital besides doing the last minute packing, showering etc.
Make DH a sandwich to take along.


M who's still not used to Thursday not being a work day
35 weeks 5 days

No comments: