Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 21

Last day at work

Tomorrow actually. It's amazing how quick time flies. Not too long ago, I remembered saying there's still 7 weeks before I begin my maternity leave; for the past few days now, I've been rushing to wrap up my deliverables and complete my handover. My thoughts? scary really. Moving into a new project, not much of a 'concept doc' (work talk) to rely on, mostly on-the-job-learning and hoping I don't screw up the project ...erm, kid.

Tomorrow will see me bringing cakes and cookies for my colleagues (yes, in Asia, it's the other way round - colleagues will be throwing a little party for me instead). It's also the day when DH & I meet with a hospital midwife to discuss our personal birth plan. The next day is Midsummer where folks traditionally head off to their cottages but for those who remain in the city, there's a huge bonfire on an island. Not one fire where you can grill makkara (sausages) or toast marshmallows ;) For us, we'll be spending it with friends who have a house by a lake and doing some summer grillin'. For dessert, I'll be making a NY Cheesecake.


~ M who has been eating too much sweet pastries (pulla) and ice cream
34 weeks 4 days

No comments: