Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 23

First 'bite'

Let me retract my statement about minibeanie not having jet-lag. Over the last 2 days, he had been waking up at 4 and 3 in the morning respectively. And he seemed to have gotten terribly hungry as well. He would put everything that his pudgy little hands could lay hold of into his mouth - his socks, tissue, my bill..... Ok, I know this wasn't related to hunger; more like insatiable curiosity on how every darn thing tastes ;P Anyway, it was true that his appetite appeared to have gone up a notch. Today, I felt as if I was doing nothing but feeding him!

We started minibeanie on solids yesterday (how fun!!!). I'm glad I managed to stave off pressure from the neuvola (Finnish clinic) & DH to start on solids sooner. Now, nearly 6 months old, I think minibeanie's ready. I decided to debut with rice porridge soon to be followed by mash potato, then carrot, sweet potato and avocado. With the rice porridge, the lil 'un loved it! he lapped up a grand amount of 3-4 teaspoons each time :D

Waiting expectantly...this picture doesn't do justice to the almost palpable excitement and anticipation bubbling beneath the surface.

UUMMMM!

minibeanie is 5 months & 4 weeks old

No comments: