Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 25

"This is a car and it goes Vroom Vroom"

The roads are no longer safe! That's because I got my driver's license today! :> After 16hr 25min of lessons that included a lesson on moose avoidance and driving in slippery conditions, I could finally heave a sigh of relief. But I got an extra dose of slippery training today because my driving test was done on the worst winter day of the year. Not bluffing because it was actually reported on the Finnish news!

It'd been a bleak and snow-less winter so far but today, on the day of the test, there was a blizzard. Murphy's Law. Blessing or curse? The good thing is, I could go really slow.... the flip side though is that with gale force wind and a horizontal snow storm, it makes visibility really poor and grip a lot worse :# There was a white knuckle moment when I came to stop on a really steep slope and I just couldn't go even when the clutch was at the biting point because of the 5-10cm of snow. Argh...After several attempts of biting point-right foot off brake-slide-brake-clutch down-turn ignition key-------, I figured that the only way was to have my right foot at a 45 degree angle so that I could depress the gas pedal as soon as the tip of my right foot was off the brake. At this point, I was positively sweating under the collar :D


minibeanie is 5 months, 4 weeks & 2 days old

No comments: