Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 1

Hello 2008!

We're literally at the 11th hour before the new year. I can hear the distant boom of firecrackers set off by revellers around the city; occasionally, the night sky lights up with a shower of gold, red, green & blue streaks and stars.

But we are holed up at home. minibeanie is sound asleep, DH is suffering from tonsillitis and I'm about to drop from fatigue. But before I turn to bed, it's customary for a moment of reflection - after all, it's New Year's Eve ;)

2007 has been a mixed year for me. There was of course the arrival of minibeanie, an indescribable blessing. I turned in my thesis paper, graduated (finally!) from the master's programme and made it to the Dean's list. But there was also huge sadness. I lost my dad of whom I was particularly close to. I miss you, pa. But despite everything, I'm thankful for the many blessings. Onwards to 2008. There's excitement on the horizon as we would be heading to China. I shall leave it at that; more details will follow in time. Here's to adventure, happiness and good health for the new year!


minibeanie 2 days ago

minibeanie is 5 months & 5 days old

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy new year !
Are you going to China?? That will be a big change in your family!

The change in 1st year is amazing but surprise will follow to 2nd year as well. We had a lot of fun with Lum in 2007. She really became a little human from a baby!

I hope we can meet minibeany before you are leaving to China!