Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 15

Muffin

Christmas is looming up and the temperature is already in the low teens and somehow that combination triggers this 'gotta-bake-something' streak in me. I've been making the occasional bread but somehow chives & potato bread just doesn't cut the sweet tooth in me :P And being the (grateful) recipient of a couple of pumpkin/blueberry cheesecake muffins recently from a friend only makes that little sweet tooth cry for more, along with my dentist I'm sure.

Hence I made a batch of banana-walnut & banana-choc-chips muffins from a basic muffin recipe.

Basic muffin recipe
300g/3cups self-raising flour
125g/0.75cup castor sugar
1.5cups buttermilk
2 eggs
150g butter, melted & cooled slightly

1. Preheat oven to 200C. Mix dry ingredients together & make a well in the center.
2. Whisk together liquids and pour into dry ingredients and mix gently until the mixture is just combined.
3. Add whatever fillings/flavours you want at this stage.
4. Spoon mixture into muffin cups and bake for 20-25min or until risen & golden.

* In this batch, I chopped about 2.5 large bananas into large chunks and pre-roast the chopped walnuts just a little. It made about 19 8cm large muffins. And obviously, since we can't eat all within 3 days, I froze half of them for an emergency sweet treat or when I have house guests over.

minibeanie likes the banana-choc-chip muffin


minibeanie is 1 year, 3 months, 2 weeks & 6 days old

No comments: