Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 15

Update: Bye bye night feeds & other developments

It was 9 days ago on November 6 when we went without night feeds. Most nights we slept through (hooray!) but there were some when he would still try to get something. Those times if the bottle of water doesn't help, we usually play possum when he cries until he falls asleep, not more than 5 minutes thankfully. I reckon that's 1 way how babies keep testing their boundaries & your resolve until they Get It. Consistency is key here. As my fav shrink, Dr Phil, says, children have to know with 100% predictability the consequences of their actions. Most times, parents cave in because it's the 'easier' route. And I know that because some nights I just think it will be easier to just give him some milk so that all of us get some sleep. But persevere, I must (and Yoda, I've become).

Then there have been other developments that signal that minibeanie is not a baby but a toddler by now :) He has begun playing with cars! He pushes them around making funny 'car' sounds :D So cool!

And speaking of toys, I bought minibeanie a picnic set of wooden tea cups, 'cut-able' fruits & cakes. I wondered if it was too 'girly' but dada said "why not, don't I drink tea?" Good point. This is another instance of the struggle against gender stereotypes. See 'Pink is for Boys'. Anyway, so I got 1 of Mother Garden's tea & picnic set that's all made of wood with drool worthy delicious yummy cakes, ice cream, doughnuts & fruits.

Honestly, I think I derived 90% of the joy in playing with the playset :D I think it is the little girl in me still who still goes ga-ga over cute pink tea cups. Anyone wants to play masak masak?

No comments: