Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 19

Chocolate

There was a brief moment of sunshine today after days of autumn rain, so I took the opportunity to get out of the house. Thinking I'd run a long overdue errand, I popped by my school to pick up my graduation diploma. The graduation ceremony was in June but if I remember correctly, I was feeling like a ready-to-pop mummy elephant then & feeling non too graceful, so there I was, 4 months after the fact. And of course, the diploma was no longer where it was and I'd to come back another day.

It wasn't a wasted trip entirely because I found a nice chocolate shop at a mall (Kamppi) nearby. Aptly called Kaakaopuu (Cocoa tree), there was a nice selection of Belgian Leonidas pralines and a variety of cocoa drinks beside the obligatory espresso and cappuccino. I got a Cacao Maya that was a little espresso cup of rich, velvety albeit slightly grainy chocolate with a hint of chili. It wasn't cloying sweet; instead, it had the slight bitterness of good cocoa. The tinge of chili was just right. Hmm...a tiny cup of heaven on an autumn afternoon.
And minibeanie was a perfect darling the whole afternoon.

minibeanie is 2 months, 3 weeks & 1 day old

Hint to someone: a 125g box of Leonidas will do very nicely for Christmas ;)

No comments: