Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 18

More on sleep

This is the result of a BabyCenter.com poll which gathered more than 7500 respondents. 89% of 3 month old babies sleeping for 5 hours straight?? Okie... hmph, from my spreadsheet (yes, don't laugh. I've made a spreadsheet that tracks when minibeanie sleeps/eats/wakes/amount drank along with useful statistics), he had been sleeping for 5 hours slightly less than half the time. Then again, n=7, a rather small sample size. Let's see! :)

By what age did your baby start sleeping for at least five hours straight on a regular basis?
89% By 3 months
6% By 6 months
1% By 9 months
0% By 1 year
1% After his 1st birthday

By what age did your baby start sleeping for at least eight hours straight?
71% By 3 months
17% By 6 months
4% By 9 months
2% By 1 year
3% After his 1st birthday

minibeanie is 2 months, 3 weeks & 1 day old

3 comments:

Joy Tan said...

lies, lies.. all lies!!! :P Or maybe I just got "lucky" with my 2 babies. A spreadsheet? Dang, you have time girl!

Ashley said...

Unbelievable at this point of time, yes :) But I'm going to give it a try! As it is, minibeanie's usually waking up once a night.

Spreadsheet rulz! :D

ps. btw, do u know we've a common friend?!

Joy Tan said...

Yeah, I know! She told me about it! :)) Small world huh?