Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 28

Cupcakes vs Muffins

I'm totally smitten by cupcakes. Yes, I know I'm a tad behind the cupcake craze in Singapore but I'm catching up!

First off, ever wondered what's the difference between cupcakes & muffins? Well, I did. I tried searching for the answer and the quick answer seems to be that cupcakes have frosting whereas muffins don't. Another difference (technically) is that cupcakes are well, mini cakes and muffins are errm, bread. I think the line is a little blurred on the last definition because honestly, haven't we all had a choc muffin that's more cake-like than bread?

Regardless, I don't care if they are cupcakes or muffins as long as they are yummy!

Anyway, as I mentioned, I'm bitten by the cupcake bug. Not so much as in eating them but in creating them. I found a wonderful shop in SG that solely sells baking paraphernalia - a baker's heaven! It's aptly called B-I-Y for Bake-It-Yourself.

Lemon Cupcakes with Bitters, Sorrel, and Toasted Meringue (from cupcakeblog)

Then, thanks to the thousands of crazy cupcake lovers out there who have made it their life mission to create perfect cupcakes, I found a couple of totally cool sites that are good enough to eat.

http://cupcakeblog.com Without a doubt, the QUEEN of cupcakes.
http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com


A little update on minibeanie. The little imp has learnt how to climb stairs! A little easier to go up than come down, I must say.


minibeanie is 10 months & 1 day old

No comments: