Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 26

Food rambles

  • minibeanie had durian today! And he seemed to love it :> We are so glad he's a gourmand like us.
  • An egg yolk makes for a very messy finger food.
  • I just bought a book - Healthy meals for Babies & Toddlers - today. They have recipes such as 'pasta with roasted red pepper sauce', 'couscous with lamb & apricots' & 'stuffed mushrooms'. Wow! I can't wait to be able to have minibeanie at the same dinner table as us.
  • Having started with fruits such as banana, mango, apple & papaya, minibeanie scrunched his nose at the berry mash I offered him. Great, I'm now left with at least 20 jars of berry mash from Finland. I think I'll blend them into smoothies, bread and muffins when he's able to eat those.
  • A slice of bread is a great take-along snack. It will keep him busy, entertained & fed at the time we are sitting in a restaurant or cafe. Always wholemeal or rye, of course. BreadTalk has wonderful wholemeal/rye bread with cranberries.
  • minibeanie wants his breakfast always around 7am. And he lets me know by pouncing on me, sticking a wet tongue into my face or having his thumb in my nose and twisting it like a knob.

minibeanie is 9 months, 4 weeks & 1 day old

No comments: