Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 22

A day to forget

[This is a gripe about the #!%@^! things that went wrong today. Please click here if you want something happy ;) ]

I should have touched down in SG but instead, I'm back at home. The reason for this was that minibeanie needed a paper ticket to board while his mummy dearest had an e-ticket. And since a)these tickets had been issued 6 freaking months ago, b) DH did not bring home any paper ticket recently, c) his secretary who had helped to change our return date last week did not mention anything about a paper-ticket until 2 hours before my departure time (which by then is way too late) & d) a call to Silkair in the morning confirmed that "oh, no other documents beside passport is necessary"... Then what did I find in the airport?? no paper ticket, no boarding pass. Nevermind that it's in the system or the fact that he's a baby - who doesn't even need a seat JUST a box on the wall.

Ok, so I finally decided to buy a ticket for him only to remember that I only had RMB200 with me and no credit card (lost my wallet a few days ago). Freaking hell.Got the airport staff to pull out my luggage from the cargo hull to check if a wad of Singapore related cards in my luggage contained a credit card and someone from DH's office to come down with some slush funds. Nada from my luggage. And by the time, DH's colleague arrived, the immigration counter had CLOSED. Yes, this is the first time I've heard of immigration/customs closing - don't they stay open all the time? Well, ok, this is China. Just like someone would actually put toxic substances into milk, there are different rules and mindsets here.

minibeanie having a field day with my open luggage. Oh nevermind....


Tomorrow, I'm going to raise a ruckus at the Silkair office again for their f*-ing bureaucracy and the inept staff who gave out erroneous information. Tonight, it calls for a greasy pizza.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh well. S* happens. Take it easy though. No point getting a hernia or stroke over inefficiencies. Anger is also bad for your health. You'll get here. Promise! :)

M