Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 17

Me-Time

Our visitors left on Monday. I've to admit it was rather nice having them around especially my MIL. She had been a great help with minibeanie - feeding, talking & playing with him and even did the morning shift giving his dead-as-logs parents much needed sleep at 7 in the morning.

And for the first time ever, I left minibeanie to the care of someone else other than DH. No one has seemed competent before :P In spite of the pangs of guilt I felt when I stepped out of the house in my gym gear, I've to admit it was nice having some "me-time". That's one drawback of being a SAHM, it's so easy losing oneself. And I always remember what my favourite shrink,
Dr. Phil, say, "if you don't take care of mom, no-one's going to take care of the little kids & big kid (alright, not exactly in those words)... you can't run on empty." Ok, I only slip out when he's napping and only for 1.5 hours tops but it's a start. Thus, a couple of days ago, I asked my Ayi if she could come an additional half a day - hopefully, that would enable me to hit the gym twice a week or run the odd errand :)

The weather is also getting cooler. Most days do not feel summery anymore. In fact, it was rather chilly yesterday even in the afternoon! We were invited to a friend's place for what was probably the end-of-season BBQ last Saturday. Hmm, nothing like some char-grilled meat & sausages!


minibeanie is 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks & 1 day old

No comments: