Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 10


Mealtimes are such adventures for parents and toddlers. If only toddlers can be reasoned or bribed! Lately, I realized I've gotten minibeanie into a really bad habit - he NEEDS Sesame Street to stay sitted in his rocker in order to finish his bowl of food. I'm not sure that's a good thing because firstly, toddlers shouldn't be watching much tv to begin with, even if it's educational. Then, what really made me take issue with it is when I read that when kids go into that 'video mode' with transfixed eyes glazed over, they are not really consciously eating. This 'unconscious' eating may lead to over-eating in the future and I don't wish minibeanie to be a broad bean. So then, it was cold turkey on 2 fronts today. First, no Sesame Street and second, we migrated to the high chair which had been used only occasionally before.

As expected, today's lunch & dinner were torturous. I couldn't get him to take more than 5 spoons before he'd squirm, turn his head away and cry to be let out of his prison. No point feeding him then, so down he went. Not long later, he would realize that he was hungry so up he went into the chair again. This would happen for 3-4 times - up, down, up, down, up, down.... until we were both exhausted. Finally, I decided that lunch/dinner was over. A friend with 2 boys once said, children won't starve themselves to death ;)


The little angel despite everything

minibeanie is 1 year, 1 month, 2 weeks & 1 day old

No comments: