Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, August 17

Baby Slings

I got a Sarong Sling from Singapore a long time ago. Its versatility in creating at least 6 different wears was its main attraction over the other options. A few days ago, we finally made time to watch its instructional DVD. Then, 1 to 2 days passed before I ventured to have some hands-on practice. Making sure that minibeanie was fed, burped and content, I took out the sling and proceeded to sling the baby. Cutting to the chase, putting on the sling comfortably without the baby falling out was really tricky. I pulled & tugged at the tail of the sling until I wished I had 3 hands and wondered why no one mentioned that a huge learning curve was in store.

minibeanie was an angel despite his mummy being a klutz. All he did was looked a little cramped as a contortionist in training and gave the occasional grunt & snort when I nearly dropped him (kidding!). Then again, nothing could disturb him from his sleep.


On an unrelated topic, minibeanie went for his first developmental check at the neuvola today. He weighed in at 3.98kg and measured 54cm - a whopping 23% increase from birth weight and nearly 10% in height...I wish I had that rate of height growth when I was a teen.

minibeanie is 3 weeks 1 day old

No comments: