Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, March 21

Me Tarzan, You Mummy.

The little rascal is climbing all over me - literally. I'm sure at this point, many mums of little boys will nod knowingly that this is a phase that comes as surely as the changing of the tides. For some time now, minibeanie had been grabbing my hair as Tarzan would a vine. Given half the chance, I'm sure he would have swung himself up but that's not going to happen. More recently however, he had begun to hold onto me and tried to hoist himself up from a sitting position. The little 'un is not content to be able to creep but seems to want to get a bird's eye view of things.

Speaking of creeping, minibeanie hasn't been creeping all over like I thought he would. Well yes, he has been mobile but he seems content to creep a little, sit up, then creep some more before sitting up again. There have been signs of the impending crawl - bum arched up, knees on the ground, torso up. But he's either not strong enough or something hasn't quite connected yet that he's supposed to move his arms and legs to propel forward.


minibeanie is 7 months, 3 weeks & 3 days old

No comments: