Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 26

Milk Teeth & Yoghurt

I googled "baby appetite loss" & "sign teething" when for the past few days, minibeanie's once hearty appetite became that of Kate Moss'. While there was no definitive correlation, it was mentioned that appetite loss may be a sign of teething. Alright, so he has had his 2 bottom central incissors. When are the rest going to cut? The guide from this site was shocking. Ok ok, I know that all those teeth have to cut somehow sometime but thinking about how many times I'd have to endure crankiness, endless rounds of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars" to cajole him to eat and seeing good food go down the drain... damn the Tooth Fairy! crap.

Here's a checklist of symptoms.
  • Irritability: nope. minibeanie is still as sunny as ever
  • Drooling: oh yes, this one. dribble everywhere
  • Coughing: check...but I thought he was either coming down with a sore throat or being cheeky ;)
  • Chin rash: check! I thought he was allergic to something? :(
  • Biting & gnawing: check & check!!! every darn thing into the mouth!
  • Diarrhea: yes! for the past 2 weeks or so, 4-5 poopy diapers a day..and 7 on bad days.
  • Low-grade fever: hmm, I did suspect that he had a low fever but I couldn't be sure as our thermometer is with the rest of our to-be-arrived cargo (don't get me started again)
  • Not sleeping well: nah. Thank goodness on this one!

Anyway, my first attempt at making yoghurt turned out really well! It was excellent with honey and just as good with fruits. Here's mango yoghurt - a little more deluxe than those in the shops ;)


minibeanie is 7 months & 4 weeks old

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i bet the yogurt tastes good, but the bowl, the bowl looks great!
heh.