Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 15

Flea market

The basement cellar falls under the purview of DH since he has the strength and height to shove our Samsonites onto a 2.5m high pile of boxes. And on the rare occasion that I pay our cellar storeroom a visit - I've always been shocked at the amount of stuff we seem to accumulate over time. Hence, probably as a result of my nesting-cum-putting-stuff-away instinct, I did something that I'd wanted to do for a long time today. I sold some of my junk at the flea market! Well, like they say, one man's junk is another man's treasure.

It was great fun. I teamed up with some friends and had a great time. It felt more like a picnic since there were sandwiches, hot Chinese tea & lots of good humour/gossip to go around.
A & S (left) with her handmade jewellery

However, business was a little slow since it was an overcast day. Here are some of the items that I sold.

- An 'art' sculpture that we'd gotten as a wedding gift - 3€
- A Zara bomber jacket - 4.50€
- A pair of Hello Kitty bedroom slippers - 3€
(I think these are a steal honestly)

The bottomline? Some spare change for Ben & Jerry ice-cream, an enjoyable (though tiring) afternoon and
a basement that is now just a little bit emptier.

M, no longer a kirpputori (flea market) virgin
38 weeks exactly

No comments: