Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 6

Productivity rates

According to a midwife here, more babies are born in April and July than other months. It makes sense though. July babies are made in the dark and depressing months of October/November when the autumn weather affords little to do. It's wet outside and with the sun setting at 4pm, candles are used frequently for giving the home some cheer and light... apparently adding to the ambience as well, heh. April babies on the other hand, are made in July/August when lots of summer lurving goes around. I didn't know about this statistic from the midwife but in the last few years, I made the observation that advertisements of condoms only appear in summer. I guess Durex's marketing department knows something that I didn't previously.

I wonder which is the most productive month in Singapore? My gut feel is that July and August are the peak months. A most unscientific study of my girlfriends & sister shows that the number of birthdays peak in these 2 months. But if seasons do not change, how is this explained?

M - also a July baby ........ and so may be minibeanie
36 weeks 6 days

No comments: